Painted around 1500–1510, this exquisite triptych was intended for private devotion (an old inventory label on the back indicates that at one time it belonged to the Stiozzi Ridolfi family). When closed, it could be easily transported. When opened, it offered three scenes for meditation relating to death, resurrection, and the Last Judgment (note how one of the resurrected figures in the Last Judgment looks directly out at the viewer). Although the figure scale is not consistent, the northern-inspired landscape is continuous in all three panels. The scene of the Last Judgment, in which Christ indicates the wound in his side and the Virgin pleads prayerfully to him, recalls a celebrated fresco by Fra Bartolomeo (Museo di San Marco, Florence) and the strongly devotional quality of this picture may owe something to the impact of Savonarola. The superscription at the top of the cross, reading Jesus Christ King of the Jews, is rendered in beautiful Hebrew, Greek, and Latin letters.