Tin–glazed earthenware with luster decoration; L. 11 1/2 in. (29.2 cm)
Gift of Henry G. Marquand, 1894 (94.4.358)
This bottle would have been used to cool wine in a larger container of water and, although few have survived, was presumably quite a commonly seen form at one time. The arms within a shield on the side are those of Enrique of Aragon-Segorbe, lord of Paterna, or of his son Alfonso, who succeeded him as lord of Paterna in 1516.