Mahogany and marble
237 x 239 in. (602 x 607.1 cm)
Gift of Joe Kindig, Jr., 1968 (68.137)
The parlor is from the William C. Williams House (built 1810–11) in Richmond, Virginia, which had a standard five-bay facade, with stone lintels and sills bracketing the windows, and brickwork laid in a fashionable Flemish bond pattern. Williams's property, which he purchased in 1808, extended over two lots; in addition to the house, he built a small office, a kitchen, a stable, and a smokehouse on his property.