Charles Joseph Natoire (French, 1700–1777)
Pen and brown ink, brown and gray wash, watercolor, heightened with touches of white, over black and red chalk
12 3/8 x 18 3/4 in. (31.4 x 47.5 cm)
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink at lower right: villa d'est en Tyvoly / aprille 1760. / C. N.
Rogers Fund, 1965 (65.65)
The view is across the gardens; at upper right can be seen the pavilion housing the water organ, and even further to the right the apse of the Church of San Pietro.