Copper alloy with mercury gilding and garnet; L. 8 1/16 in. (20.5 cm)
Fletcher Fund, 1947 (47.100.25 ab)
Originally, these pieces were joined as one: the disk formed the bottom of a round box that was affixed to the arc of the large brooch. Ornately patterned gold, now only fragmentary, once covered the entire piece, even parts of the brooch that were never visible.