Date: ca. 1767
Geography: Made in Orange County, Coldenham, New York, United States
Dimensions: 252 x 213 x 113 in. (640.1 x 541 x 287 cm)
Credit Line: Purchase, The Sylmaris Collection, Gift of George Coe Graves, by exchange, 1940
Accession Number: 40.127
The woodwork in this room came from a large stone house, in Coldenham, New York. The original owner was Cadwallader Colden Jr. According to a date inscribed on one of the stones of the structure, Colden built the structure in 1767. This parlor comes from the front left side of the house. The treatment of its walls exemplifies a well-developed, late eighteenth-century trend of paneling only the fireplace wall of a room and covering the remaining walls with plaster between the dado and cornice.