All applications must be submitted online and in English. We will not accept applications or related materials via email, postal mail, or in person.
The online application will require you to provide the following:
1. Documents as Microsoft Word or PDF files:
- Full curriculum vitae of education, professional experience, honors, awards, and publications
- Project proposal including:
- A statement, not to exceed one thousand words, describing what you expect to accomplish during the fellowship period and how you will utilize the Museum's resources and collection to achieve your objectives
- Tentative schedule of work to be accomplished during the fellowship period, with proposed starting and ending dates
2. Contact information for three recommenders (at least one academic and one professional), none of whom may be current Metropolitan Museum of Art staff. Once you have submitted your recommenders' names, titles, and email addresses, they will automatically be emailed instructions for uploading their letters online. Please note that each letter must include the recommender's complete title and contact information. We encourage recommenders to submit letters in English.
The deadline for all application materials, including letters of recommendation, is December 5, 2014, at 5:00 p.m. (EDT).
If you have any questions about the application process please contact us.
All applicants for the 2015–2016 term will be notified by March 4, 2015.