All applications must be submitted online and in English. We will not accept applications or related materials via email, postal mail, or in person.
The online application will require you to provide the following:
1. Documents as Microsoft Word or PDF files:
- Full curriculum vitae of education, professional experience, honors, awards, and publications
- A project proposal including:
- A statement, not to exceed one thousand words, specifying what you wish to accomplish during the fellowship period and detailing how you can utilize the Museum's resources to accomplish your goals. The statement must also discuss the issues pertaining to museum education and public practice you wish to investigate during the fellowship period, how this research is relevant to the field, and how it will advance the work of The Metropolitan Museum of Art as well as that of your own institution, if applicable.
- Tentative schedule of work to be accomplished during the fellowship period and proposed starting and ending dates
- Tentative schedule of travel (maximum of one week) required during the fellowship period
- List of other fellowships or grants for which you have applied in the same period
2. Contact information for three recommenders (at least one academic and one professional), none of whom may be current Metropolitan Museum of Art staff. Once you have submitted your recommenders' names, titles, and email addresses, they will automatically be emailed instructions for uploading their letters online. Please note that each letter must include the recommender's complete title and contact information. We encourage recommenders to submit letters in English.
The deadline for all applications materials, including letters of recommendation, was November 1, 2013, at 5:00 p.m. (EDT). We are no longer accepting applications for the 2014–2015 year. The application for the 2015–2016 fellowship period will be available in August 2014.
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact us.
All applicants for the 2014–2015 year will be notified by March 7, 2014.