All applications must be submitted online and in English. We will not accept applications or related materials via email, postal mail, or in person.
The online application will require you to provide the following:
1. Documents as Microsoft Word or PDF files:
- Cover letter addressing your interest in the fellowship position
- Full curriculum vitae of education, professional experience, honors, awards, and publications
- A statement, not to exceed one thousand words, specifying your areas of research and their relationship to the Museum's collections and activities. Include relevant experiences related to your chosen curatorial project area.
- Copy of a published paper or recent writing sample
2. Contact information for three recommenders (at least one academic and one professional), none of whom may be current Metropolitan Museum of Art staff. Once you have submitted your recommenders' names, titles, and email addresses, they will automatically be emailed instructions for uploading their letters online. Please note that each letter must include the recommender's complete title and contact information. We encourage recommenders to submit letters in English.
The deadline for all application materials, including letters of recommendation, was October 15, 2013, 5:00 p.m. (EDT). We are no longer accepting applications for the 2014–2016 term. The application for the 2016–2018 fellowship period will be available in August 2015.
If you have any questions about the application process please contact us.
All applicants for the 2014–2016 term will be notified by March 7, 2014.