There are no application forms. Applications must be submitted in English. Applicants must submit three unstapled application packages, each including the following in the order listed:
- Name, home and present address, telephone number(s), and email address
- Cover letter addressing the applicant's interest in the fellowship position
- Full curriculum vitae of education, professional experience, honors, awards, and publications
- A statement, not to exceed one thousand words, specifying the applicant's areas of research and their relationship to the Museum's collections and activities. Include relevant experiences related to the chosen curatorial project area.
- Copy of a published paper or recent writing sample
- Three letters of recommendation (at least one academic and one professional); see below
Applications should be submitted via postal mail to the address below. We will not accept applications submitted via email.
Letters of Recommendation
Three letters of recommendation are required, none of which may be from current Metropolitan Museum of Art staff. We encourage that recommenders submit letters in English. Letters of recommendation may be submitted via postal mail to the address below or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Emailed letters of recommendation must be submitted on letterhead and must include the recommender's complete title and contact information.
All applications and letters of recommendation must be received by the deadline date of October 15, 2012. Applications received after that date will not be considered.
Submit applications to:
Attn: Marcie Karp
Andrew W. Mellon Postdoctoral Curatorial Fellowship Program
The Metropolitan Museum of Art
1000 Fifth Avenue
New York, New York 10028-0198
We will call finalists for an interview.
An application for the Andrew W. Mellon Postdoctoral Curatorial Fellowship does not preclude application for an Art History fellowship.
If you have any questions about the application process please contact Marcie Karp at email@example.com.
We will notify applicants by March 8, 2013.