The Collectors Circle and Friends of Modern Art support research, publications, and other curatorial activities of the Department of Modern and Contemporary Art. Members of the Collectors Circle are invited to seminars with Met curators, previews of exhibitions, visits to artists' studios, and other off-site trips. Friends of Modern Art activities include previews of exhibitions with curators and opportunities to meet contemporary artists.
Annual dues—Modern Art Collectors Circle: $10,000 ($9,242 is tax deductible)
Annual dues—Friends of Modern Art: $5,000 ($4,306 is tax deductible)
For more information please contact Sally King at 212-396-5126 or email@example.com.
Highlights of Past Events
Modern Art Collectors Circle and Friends of Modern Art
- Private guided tour of Doug + Mike Starn on the Roof: Big Bambú, led by the artists
- Special events featuring artists including Jasper Johns, Frank Stella, John Baldessari, Tony Oursler, Kara Walker, Tara Donovan, Roxy Paine, and Neo Rauch
- Previews of exhibitions including Picasso in The Metropolitan Museum of Art; Matisse: The Fabric of Dreams—His Art and His Textiles; Barcelona and Modernity: Gaudí to Dalí; and Francis Bacon: A Centenary Retrospective
Modern Art Collectors Circle
- Visit to Philip Johnson Glass House, New Canaan, Connecticut
- Visit to The Brant Foundation Art Study Center, Greenwich, Connecticut
- Jeff Koons studio visit with the artist
Above: Francis Bacon (British, 1909–1992). Three Studies for a Self-Portrait, 1979–80. Three oils on canvas. The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, Jacques and Natasha Gelman Collection, 1998 (1999.363.1a-c). Image © 2011 Artists Rights Society (ARS), New York