There are no application forms. Applications must be submitted in English. Applicants must submit three complete unstapled application packages, each including the following in the order listed below:
- Name, home and present address, telephone number(s), and email address
- Full curriculum vitae of education, professional experience, honors, awards, and publications
- A statement, not to exceed one thousand words, specifying what the applicant wishes to accomplish during the fellowship period and detailing how the Museum's resources can be utilized to accomplish the applicant's goals. The statement must also discuss the issues pertaining to museum education and public practice the applicant wishes to investigate during the fellowship period, how this research is relevant to the field, and how it will advance the work of The Metropolitan Museum of Art as well as that of the applicant's own institution, if applicable.
- Tentative schedule of work to be accomplished during the fellowship period and proposed starting and ending dates
- Tentative schedule of travel required during the fellowship period
- List of other fellowships or grant for which the applicant has applied in the same period
- Three letters of recommendation (at least one professional and one academic); see below
Applications should be submitted via postal mail to the address below. We will not accept applications submitted via email.
Letters of Recommendation
Three letters of recommendation are required, none of which may be from current Metropolitan Museum of Art staff. We encourage that recommenders submit letters in English. Letters of recommendation may be submitted via postal mail to the address below or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Emailed letters of recommendation must be submitted on letterhead and must include the recommender’s complete title and contact information.
All applications and letters of recommendation must be received by the deadline date of November 2, 2012. Applications received after that date will not be considered.
Submit applications to:
Attn: Marcie Karp
Museum Education and Public Practice Fellowship
The Metropolitan Museum of Art
1000 Fifth Avenue
New York, New York 10028-0198
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact Marcie Karp at email@example.com.
We will notify applicants by March 8, 2013.