All applications must be submitted online and in English. We will not accept applications or related materials via email, postal mail, or in person.
The online application will require you to provide the following:
1. Documents as Microsoft Word or PDF files:
- Cover letter addressing your interest in the fellowship position
- Full curriculum vitae of education, professional experience, honors, awards, and publications
- A statement, not to exceed one thousand words, specifying your areas of research and their relationship to the Museum's collections and activities. Include relevant experiences related to your chosen curatorial project area.
- Copy of a published paper or recent writing sample
2. Contact information for three recommenders (at least one academic and one professional), none of whom may be current Metropolitan Museum of Art staff. Once you have submitted your recommenders' names, titles, and email addresses, they will automatically be emailed instructions for uploading their letters online. Please note that each letter must include the recommender's complete title and contact information. We encourage recommenders to submit letters in English.
The deadline for all application materials, including letters of recommendation, is October 15, 2013, 5:00 p.m. (EDT). We will not accept applications after this deadline.
We will call finalists for an interview.
An application for the Andrew W. Mellon Postdoctoral Curatorial Fellowship does not preclude application for an Art History fellowship.
If you have any questions about the application process please contact us.
All applicants will be notified by March 7, 2014.