Gallery 715 - New York Alcove, ca. 1750
Part of The American Wing
View a Collection on the Map
View a Special Exhibition on the Map
View Facilities on the Map
Select pieces of eighteenth-century New York furniture are displayed in this alcove, the reinstallation of which was made possible by The Peggy N. and Roger G. Gerry Charitable Trust. The paneling on this fireplace wall is made of gumwood, which in the eighteenth century was used almost exclusively in the New York area. The Benjamin Hasbrouck House, from which the paneling was taken, still stands.